[sane-devel] Contributing to Simplified Chinese Translation

Tyson Tan tysontan at tysontan.com
Tue May 18 14:15:59 BST 2021

Hi Sane team,
My name is Tyson Tan, I come from KDE community. I would like to offer
Simplified Chinese translation to Sane.

Skanlite and Kooka, both KDE scanner frontends, are using Sane via
libksane. After fully translating those projects, I found no strings
matching the basic scanner options in their .pot files. It seems
https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/tree/master/po has them.
However, there is currently no Simplified Chinese locale (zh_CN) and I
can't find the .pot file there.

May I ask some help to kick start my work? Thanks.

Best regards,
Tyson Tan