[sane-devel] HP ScanJet Pro 2000 sudden failure

Alexander Pevzner pzz at apevzner.com
Thu May 20 07:33:21 BST 2021

Hi,

On 5/20/21 7:46 AM, Zdenek Dohnal wrote:
> I made an archive from sane-airscan current git HEAD and build a
> 'sane-airscan-0.99.26-1.fc33.1' rpms with it - this way you don't need
> to remove your current sane-airscan and once Alex releases a new version
> or I make a new release, it will get automatically replaced by a new
> sane-airscan. You just need to supply rpm links to dnf with
> 'install'/'upgrade' and dnf will upgrade your packages to this version.

Zdenek, at this case I need sane-airscan-unstable to be installed.
Unlike plain sane-airscan, it can write hex dumps of all network traffic
to the trace files. There is some misunderstanding between sane-airscan
and ipp-usb at the HTTP level, I want to look who of them doing wrong.

Ellis,

yes, package from F32 works with F33. It will add libtiff dependency,
but most likely, libtiff already installed on your system.

the following commands will do the trick:

   rpm -e --nodeps sane-airscan libsane-airscan
   rpm -i sane-airscan-unstable-1620822232-21.1.x86_64.rpm

After that you may temporary stay with sane-airscan-unstable, and when
all will be done, just remove it and reinstall sane-airscan and
libsane-airscan with dnf.

--

	Wishes, Alexander Pevzner (pzz at apevzner.com)