[sane-devel] sane-airscan-unstable - debugging

Zdenek Dohnal zdohnal at redhat.com
Thu May 20 11:34:47 BST 2021

On 5/20/21 8:33 AM, Alexander Pevzner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 5/20/21 7:46 AM, Zdenek Dohnal wrote:
>> I made an archive from sane-airscan current git HEAD and build a
>> 'sane-airscan-0.99.26-1.fc33.1' rpms with it - this way you don't
>> need to remove your current sane-airscan and once Alex releases a new
>> version or I make a new release, it will get automatically replaced
>> by a new sane-airscan. You just need to supply rpm links to dnf with
>> 'install'/'upgrade' and dnf will upgrade your packages to this version.
>
> Zdenek, at this case I need sane-airscan-unstable to be installed.
> Unlike plain sane-airscan, it can write hex dumps of all network
> traffic to the trace files. There is some misunderstanding between
> sane-airscan and ipp-usb at the HTTP level, I want to look who of them
> doing wrong.

Aha, I'm sorry in that case - I thought you want to use the latest git
HEAD because the sane-airscan release in Fedora is old (that what came
to my mind when I see '-unstable').

Do I understand correctly it is an additional debugging feature above
classic debugging options in airscan.conf? If it is, can I turn it on
during the build? IMO it can be useful sometimes (though I will not
enable it for classic builds).

--
Zdenek Dohnal
Software Engineer