[sane-devel] Epson Perfection1640 and the epson2 backend: summary

ael witwall3 at disroot.org
Fri Nov 19 15:10:48 GMT 2021

On Sun, Nov 07, 2021 at 08:16:42PM +0100, Wolfram Sang wrote:
> Please check if that works on your system as well.

I have posted several messages during this testing, so I thought it
would be useful to give a summary here.

1) This started out with focus problems.
   I appear to have confirmed that the 1640 accepts, but ignores, focus
   commands, so the current version of the backend
   (commit 3b47d1d26a73054b7138759fa7af57ed6c8e8e35 (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD)
Date:   Thu Oct 21 06:58:39 2021 +0000)
   with dev->focusSupport = SANE_FALSE is correct.

2) The
 --film-type Positive Film|Negative Film|Positive Slide|Negative Slide
   includes the Slide options which I suspect are not available on
   the 1640SU. They result in something like invalid parameter messages.

3) There is a failure to transfer larger scans: perhaps a counter
   overflowing. So a significant bug.

4) Using xsane, and [cancel]ing during a scan fails. It is usually
   necessary to restart the 1640. I have only mentioned this bug in
   passing in previous messages.

I hope this is helpful in following the earlier messages, especially
the first few when things were not so clear.

ael