[sane-devel] Epson Perfection1640: Operation not supported

Wolfram Sang wsa at kernel.org
Tue Oct 5 14:26:22 BST 2021

> I tried this but I still have xsane Version: 0.999-12 so there was no
> change. I couldn't find a newer version of xsane, even in Ubuntu.
> Indeed in the Ubuntu pool that I checked, the xsane directory was empty.

You need a newer version of libsane than debian testing. Probably
packages "libsane-common" and friends. The xsane version can stay the
same. But a quick look tells me that Ubuntu repos won't be useful for
you because they also don't have the patch you need. Maybe your best bet
is to push Debian maintainers to include the patch I mentioned. They
should have it anyhow. Fedora already includes it.