[sane-devel] Release 1.0.33 in a few days

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 17:20:55 BST 2021

Hi,
Just a reminder that we are going to try for a release in the next few
days so get your changes in!
This will be for 1.0.33.
I don't believe that we have any new backends this release, so mainly
additions to existing functionality.

Povilas has suggested that we try the following process, which is a
little different from how Olaf did things, to which I have added some
detail:

Sept 24:
- Feature Freeze, only bug fixes.
- Regeneration of PO files and call for translations.
- Other updates to doc such as building the ChangeLog.

Oct 7:
- Release branch created, master is open for new changes, first release
candidate is generated.

Every 2 weeks after:
- Another release candidate if necessary until we are happy to emit a
final release.

Wolfgang has been managing milestones added to issues and MRs that are
to be included in the release and this will form the basis of our
ChangeLog. We should continue to do this for anything that we missed or
anything to be added over the next few days.

Povilas will be wrangling the branches to manage the process.

I will update our PPAs to switch to the new release at the proper time.

If I have missed anything or anybody would like to contribute then
please step forward! :D

Cheers,
Ralph