[sane-devel] Remove user authorization support from net backend / saned frontend?

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Fri Apr 8 13:33:37 BST 2022

Hello

On 2022-04-08 14:00, Kelly Price wrote (excerpt):
> "Secure the connection" means "encrypt the
> connection and authenticate while encrypted."
> Are you not for securing the connection?

I am not a SANE developer so I have no right to demand
what the SANE developers should implement or improve.

This issue here is not about how to improve net<->saned
but whether or not the existing user authentication
in net<->saned should be dropped.

This is stated in the subject of this mail thread
"Remove user authorization support
  from net backend / saned frontend?"

My argument is that the existing user authentication
has a valid purpose under certain circumstances
so it can be kept as is.

The other argument is that it should be dropped
because it is not sufficiently secure.

I am not a SANE developer so I have no right to make
comments that appear like a decision in this case.
Whatever the SANE developers decide is OK for me.

> Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
> http://redwolf.ws

No https?
;-)

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
--
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH
Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg - Germany