[sane-devel] Sane does not detect Canon TS6420a

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 06:09:46 GMT 2022

Hi,

On 2022-12-22 16:15, Lowther wrote:

> This is a new all-in-one printer to me.  It scans fine from windows,
> but is not detected with "scanimage -L".
>
> The printer is connected by usb cable to my pc; OS is Ubuntu 20.04.5
> LTS. The Canon TS6420a replaces the Canon TS6200 which
>
> I had previously. With the 6200, there was also a problem trying to
> use Xsane, and it was resolved with a patch - this was in March, 2019.
>
> The patch fixed the problem and I was able to do some testing on the
> 6200.  Hope the 6420 can be revived!
>
> Here are outputs from terminal commands:
>
> ~$ lsusb
> Bus 001 Device 002: ID 04a9:18d3 Canon, Inc. TS6400 series

This is tentatively supported by the pixma backend, although the
supported devices show that we are looking for testers!

If you are not having any luck with the current version of SANE
backends, you can try our git PPA here:
https://launchpad.net/~sane-project/+archive/ubuntu/sane-git
Focal is supported. Let us know how you get on!

Cheers,
Ralph