[sane-devel] Scanjet 7650 (hp5590) cannot access readonly values from command line

hm hansmobile25 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 15:22:14 GMT 2022

Hi,

There is an issue with the readonly values from the hp5590 backend and
the Scanjet 7650.

Listing the options specific to the hp5590, some report the scanner's
status:

--doc-in-adf
--color-led
--button-pressed
--counter-value

Trying to read these values with the command line gives an error:

$ scanimage --device-name hp5590 --color-led
Output format is not set, using pnm as a default.
scanimage: unrecognized option '--color-led'

They are, however, correctly reported when using -A:

$ scanimage -d hp5590 -A | grep color-led
Output format is not set, using pnm as a default.
     --color-led color|black_white [color] [hardware]

<Pressing the button>

$ scanimage -d hp5590 -A | grep color-led
Output format is not set, using pnm as a default.
     --color-led color|black_white [black_white] [hardware]

On Linux Mint 20.3:
$ scanimage --version
scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.32; backend version 1.0.29

How do I access these readonly values using scanimage? I know I could
grep and cut for them, but that's not ideal.

Thanks,