[sane-devel] Canon Pixma TS6420a works sane-backends

Alfred Ganz alfred-ganz+sane at agci.com
Sat Jul 23 02:00:30 BST 2022

Ralph,
> Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 13:51:20 -0700
> To: Alfred Ganz <alfred-ganz+sane at agci.com>,
>  sane-devel at alioth-lists.debian.net
> Subject: Re: [sane-devel] Canon Pixma TS6420a works sane-backends
>

> On 2022-07-22 11:43, Alfred Ganz via sane-devel wrote:
> > Ladies and Gentlemen,
> >
> > This is just to report that after upgrading to
> > 	sane-backends-1.0.32-6.el8.x86_64
> > I have been able to scan with my new
> > 	Canon Pixma TS6420a which runs under TS6400
> > Since Pixma TS6400 is listed as not having been reported to work,
> > here is one instance that seems to work.
>
> Can you confirm which resolutions you tried and if you tried Gray and Lineart
> modes?
>
> Also, could you confirm that the pixma backend was used? That would be part
> of the device name, e.g. "pixma:...."

Here goes:

The device supports WiFi access, but I only use a local USB interface

This is what the Prieview window frame shows:
	"Preview Canon PIXMA TS6400 Series:04A918D3_01D66D"
and the interpretation is: idVendor idProduct _ iSerial

This is what the xsane window shows:
	Flatbed (just this option)
	Color	(Color, Gray, Lineart)
	Full color range (only for Color and Gray, 10 different entries)
	Resolutions (75, 150, 30, 600, 1200)

Of these I have scanned the following:
	Color: Full color range only, all resolutions
	Gray:  Full color range only, all resolutions
	Lineart: resolutions 150, 30, 600, 1200
		 resolution 75 reports operation canceled
I am no expert at this stuff, so it is hard for me to say if what
Lineart produces is what I should expect (the images look like the
preview though).

Hope this help, let me know if you would like more, AG

   Alfred Ganz					alfred-ganz:at:agci.com
   AG Consulting				(203) 624-9667
   111 South Shore Drive, # 112
   East Haven, CT 06512