[sane-devel] Parallel port directio

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 06:29:27 GMT 2022

Hi,
I have been testing the plustek_pp driver with a machine that I have.

I was surprised to find that the Ubuntu package that I have uses the
configure option --enable-parport-directio.
This causes the libieee1284 library use in sanei_pp to be disabled, even
though libieee1284-3-dev is listed as a dependency.

Is there any reason why we would do this in general?

If I test with libieee1284 enabled, it works fine and device names are a
bit more sane (i.e. for parport0).
Also, access is available here when a member of the lp group. Don't need
to be root.

Cheers,
Ralph