[sane-devel] Get raw image from scanner

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 20:46:06 GMT 2022

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 28, 2022 at 12:36 PM Thiago Milczarek Sayão <
thiago.sayao at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am developing a C function to return an Raw image to java/JNI.
>
> I would like this function to return raw image data being either RGB or
> GRAY.
>
> I'm reading scanimage.c, but it's a hard one for me due to lack of
> experience.
>
> Is there a simpler example I can look at? Or maybe a "higher level API" ?

If your requirements are very simple, then the regular SANE API is fairly
straightforward: https://sane-project.gitlab.io/standard/api.html
The complications come from interacting with the options to set the device
up as you need.
However, getting an image from a device is pretty easy..

Cheers,
Ralph