[sane-devel] UPDATE about: help to understand which of THESE scanner/printers is supported

Marco Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Tue Oct 18 15:33:53 BST 2022

On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 16:28, Kelly Price  wrote:
I would highly recommend a powered hub to guarantee full power to the
scanner, and a (surge-protected) power strip to get your PC's power in
reach.

The sane-release PPA has "scanimage" in its packages.  That hasn't
changed.  And yes, they're for 22.04.
Kelly,
first of all, thanks for the PPA confirmation. As far as hardware goes...
The surge-protected power strip already is under the desk, but as I said it is already full.
And a longer/wider one would not fit... But OK, will find a solution to that somehow.
But about the active hub: is it OK to do this (just because it would be the easiest/simplest
solution, given the cramped desk I have):
PC -> existing passive hub -> new active hub -> scanner ???
Thanks for your patience, I'm almost there...
Marco