[sane-devel] DocketPORT 487 - Making loud noises

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 19:56:13 GMT 2023

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 9, 2023 at 11:52 AM Miss Tori <misstorishop at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll try wine or run a vm. I will then try to locate a windows machine if
> those two options don't pan out.
>
> The last time I tried to use it, it worked. That was Sept 2016.
> scanimage -V
> scanimage (sane-backends) 1.1.1-debian; backend version 1.1.1
>
> I am not fluent in C++, but I am willing to help in any way.
>
> There is a more recent version 1.2.1.
> Here are the changes
>
> genesys:
>
>    - Fixes for unit test build errors related to GCC 12.
>    - Fix for 32-bit limitation on scan line size which caused early
>    abort. of scan.
>    - Build issue fix for OSX.
>    - Button support for Canon 8400f scanner corrected.
>    - Support added back in for Plustek OpticFilm 7600i: config file entry
>    was missing.
>
> The second one is the only one that  seems like it may be relevant. I
> don't know.

The rewrite of the genesys backend was some time ago. I don't think
anything changed in 1.2.1 that would make a difference to this.
I have contacted the backend maintainer about this issue and hopefully, we
will be able to help you. There is some commentary in the current code that
suggests there may be some issues with the current support for your
machine, so hopefully we will be able to come up with a fix.

I will let know you if and when I get some feedback.

Cheers,
Ralph