[sane-devel] Canon Pixma 8600 testing

Skip Egdorf egdorf at cybermesa.com
Tue Feb 21 17:43:42 GMT 2023

I see that on the list http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html the
Canon Pixma TR8600 series is listed as Untested and Testers Needed!

I just picked up a Canon TR8620a to replace a broken HP and have done a
few initial scans.

The printer is on my home network, Ethernet connected. My desktop is
Fedora 37.

Xsane sees the scanner and I have done a few initial scans from it.
Everything seems to work out of the box (well, the printing needs
Canon's Linux driver, but that doesn't seem to be a scanner/Sane issue).

Would you guys like me to any more rigorous tests? Do you have a
standard test suite or something? I would be glad to help if I can.

Skip