[sane-devel] pthread change proposal

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 06:06:00 GMT 2023

Hi,
We have a long-running issue related to pthread use in SANE backends.
See here: https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/issues/153

I proposed a change to sanei_thread to try to sort some of these issues
while improving detection of builds that abuse the restrictions
surrounding pthread_t values. That proposal is here:
https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/merge_requests/750

Povilas and I had some discussions about this solution and given the
impending release of 1.2.1, someone has expressed a desire to see these
issues solved, particularly as they relate to MacOS, which is properly
broken at the moment. :(

Could I get some further comments on the proposed solution and I would
especially appreciate if we could see some testing of that branch
solution on platforms other than Linux?

Cheers,
Ralph