[sane-devel] pthread change proposal

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 15:46:19 GMT 2023

Hi,

On 2023-01-10 04:58, m. allan noah wrote:
> No way. It is not good practice to add a major, potentially breaking,
> and partially untested change to git mere days before a release. I
> propose that this change (or a derivative) gets merged a couple weeks
> after the release.

Yeah, you are completely right. I will complete the work after the
release and put out a call for testing then.
Not sure what I was thinking. A temporary lapse of insanity on my part ;)
In my defense I did post my worries that the code was largely untested
and it was close to the release date.

We *could* perhaps do a small change to the build system that enables
MacOS builds again without the major structural changes involved in
sanei_pthread.
We do have some feedback that such a change does work for MacOS users
and that would satisfy them in the short term.
I will look into it.

Cheers,
Ralph