[sane-devel] Canon Lide 400: brightness/contras in xsane, but not in scanimage

Frank Steiner fsteiner-mail1 at bio.ifi.lmu.de
Tue Jan 17 11:04:46 GMT 2023

Hi,

just tried the Canon Lide 400 with sane-backends 1.1.1 and it works
fine w.r.t. all the modes or resolutions. It is detected as
pixma:04A91912_487637

But --brightness/--contrast are not shown as available options for
this device (and rejected as "unrecognized option" when I try them).

In xsane, however, there are sliders for brightness and contrast
that work and their settings are reflected in the scanned image.

So I wonder if sth. is missing in sane-backends to make these
options available for the Canon Lide 400, or if xsane just simulates
these with software and not by adjusting the scanner settings.

Using xsane is a workaround, but I used to run scanbd to make the
buttons call scanimage with certain settings (resolutions/modes),
so I'd really to continue using scanimage.

Is there a chance to get brightness/contrast options working with
this scanner?

Thanks for your help!

cu,
Frank