[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 4490 Photo
Andrew Langdon-Davies
andrewld6 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 08:52:35 BST 2026
Slackware 15.0
I'm trying to configure the above (2nd hand) scanner. I've tried every
possible combination of configurations in /etc/sane.d but the result is
always the same:
andrew at study:-$ scanimage -T
Output format is not set, using pnm as a default.
scanimage: rounded value of br-x from -32768 to -32768
scanimage: rounded value of br-y from -32768 to -32768
scanimage: sane_start: Invalid argument
xsane opens but "Acquire preview" returns "Failed to start scanner. Invalid
argument". iscan returns "Could not send command to scanner. Check the
scanner's status."
sane-find-scanner and scanimage -L identify it correctly.
As well as sane and xsane I have iscan, iscan-data, iscan-firmware and
iscan-proprietary-drivers installed from Slackbuilds.
My current config in sane.d is:
dll.d/epkowa.conf: epkowa
dll.conf: all commented out except for epkowa and epson
epkowa.conf: usb
epson.conf: usb 0x04b8 0x0119
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Andrew
--
Andrew Langdon-Davies
Garsa 30
Mediona
Catalonia
693036845
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/sane-devel/attachments/20260926/ea69e837/attachment.htm>
More information about the sane-devel
mailing list