[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 4490 Photo
ael
witwall3 at disroot.org
Sat Sep 26 10:20:02 BST 2026
On Sat, Sep 26, 2026 at 09:52:35AM +0200, Andrew Langdon-Davies wrote:
> Slackware 15.0
> I'm trying to configure the above (2nd hand) scanner. I've tried every
> possible combination of configurations in /etc/sane.d but the result is
> always the same:
> andrew at study:-$ scanimage -T
> Output format is not set, using pnm as a default.
> scanimage: rounded value of br-x from -32768 to -32768
> scanimage: rounded value of br-y from -32768 to -32768
> scanimage: sane_start: Invalid argument
> xsane opens but "Acquire preview" returns "Failed to start scanner. Invalid
> argument". iscan returns "Could not send command to scanner. Check the
> scanner's status."
> sane-find-scanner and scanimage -L identify it correctly.
> As well as sane and xsane I have iscan, iscan-data, iscan-firmware and
> iscan-proprietary-drivers installed from Slackbuilds.
> My current config in sane.d is:
> dll.d/epkowa.conf: epkowa
> dll.conf: all commented out except for epkowa and epson
Why not epson2? that works with my Epson Perfection Photo and is
specified at
http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-EPSON
for your 4490.
ael
More information about the sane-devel
mailing list