[Showme-devel] Fwd: ShowMeBox Kick-off

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sun Aug 30 16:32:46 UTC 2015

Quoting Jonas Smedegaard (2015-08-29 21:22:43)
> Here are some boards, prioritized roughly by [previously posted
> critera], with reasons for lower "scores" in paranthesis:
>
> * OLinuXino A20 LIME2
> * OLinuXino A20 LIME (less memory)
> * OLinuXino A10 LIME (less memory, single-core)
> * pcDuino 3S (no battery, maybe non-Debian uboot)
> * ODROID C1+ (no battery, non-OSHW)
> * CuBox i2 (no battery, non-OSHW)
> * Cubieboard3/Cubietruck (no battery, expensive, non-OSHW)
> * Cubieboard2 (less memory, no battery, non-OSHW)
> * Raspberry Pi 2b (non-OSHW, slow components)
> * Raspberry Pi 1b+ (less memory, non-OSHW, not armhf)

Investigating some more, I've found that a) several of above _do_
support battery, b) Raspberry Pi don't work with Debian (requires
non-free firmware to even boot), and c) Cubieboard2 does _not_ have less
memory.

My recommended options are now at https://wiki.debian.org/ShowMeBox

 - Jonas