[Soc-coordination] Re: Deciding on our applications

Loïc Minier lool at dooz.org
Sun Apr 8 06:32:39 UTC 2007

On Sun, Apr 08, 2007, Wookey wrote:
> So I'm left feeling the overall ranking is not optimum, but not at all
> sure what might be done about that, or whether others would agree.

 I agree with most of your remarks; I also understood that there's a
 "score normalization" step which allows to correct the bias between
 mentors, but I'm not sure it will also attempt to correct the bias
 between topics.

 It could happen that we receive no good applications on a topic which
 statistically should have had slots allocated but gets none, or on the
 contrary that we receive many good applications for a topic which ends
 up with more slots allocated than the statistics predicted.

 On the other hand, it could well happen that we receive plenty of
 good applications on a topic which is hard to mentor or hard to score.

--
Loïc Minier