[Soc-coordination] Finalizing the list of applications

Erich Schubert erich at debian.org
Wed Apr 11 12:50:36 UTC 2007

Hi,
I've noticed that we havn't really had a discussion about which projects
to accept so far, did we? Maybe we should meet on IRC (#debian-private
maybe?) to finalize the list.
I don't want to just add my rating to some of the projects anymore,
since the current ordering somehow seems to have been adjusted a bit
already. There are a few project in the 'runners up' that I'd really
like to see in, including the l10n project and the Emdebian one.
On the other hand, I don't consider the OVAL to be very important.
They're working at version 6 of that language I think and it's still not
very commonly used... smells like design-by-committee to me. And
features-wise it's more of a "nice to have" to me, so low priority.
(it also has 2* +7 ratings, which is kind of inflated...)
The Emdebian project should also have a high likelihood of success.
The mirroring application would be very much 'Debian', too, though I'm
not entirely convinced of it's usefulness.

So personally, I'd move OVAL down to +12, and put the l18n project or
Emdebian at +16 and +15, in any order. Maybe also both at +16 and moving
the live-helper down instead.

Anyway, I think it would make sense to meet on IRC, either
#debian-private or #debian-soc. And rather sooner than later, I think we
have a deadline tonight at 22:00 UTC, right?

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
   erich@(vitavonni.de|debian.org)    --    GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
     The future is here. It's just not evenly distributed yet.      //\