[Soc-coordination] SoC Report - Week 1

Chris Lamb chris at chris-lamb.co.uk
Mon Jun 4 20:25:43 UTC 2007

Hi Debianites,

This is my report for week 1 of the Summer of Code program, starting
Monday 28th May.

Firstly, thank you to the Debian SoC coordination team for accepting my
proposal and a special thanks to Daniel for agreeing to be my mentor.
Alas, I did not repay thee well during this first week - my final
university examinations consumed the majority of my time, and any
potentially "spare" time was spent well away from computers to ensure
some base level of sanity.

However, I did manage to discuss a proposal in more detail with Daniel,
and from what I can tell, we are on the same wavelength with respect to
the the overall picture of this project. I did manage to create something
actually concrete during the week (see some screenshots here [0]).

Although this is only only one part of the envisioned GUI, I thought that
the "actually creating the LiveCD" phase might require attention first.

Regarding my plans for the upcoming week: I finished my exams earlier
today, and SoC is now naturally much higher in my priorities. I'm looking
forward to working more with Daniel, although starting from tomorrow
after a good sleep. :]

/Lamby

[0] http://lamby.uwcs.co.uk/b/live-screenshots/ (Fragile link)

--
 Chris Lamb, Leamington Spa, UK                          GPG: 0x634F9A20