[Soc-coordination] GSoC packages in NEW - fasttracking?

Loïc Minier lool at dooz.org
Wed Jun 27 14:09:25 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> Packages are ready, fine. If they are stuck in the NEW it is not the
> student's fault.

 Oh I certainly won't blame the student if the package are stuck in NEW.

 To clarify why I'm requesting this: I can imagine testers are a
 prerequisite to further progress on some aspects of the development; in
 order to get as many testers as possible, it's best to have the
 software readily installable from the Debian archive.  Sure, there are
 other solutions such as handing the git repo, or an APT archive on
 alioth, but it sounds like a time waste and might scare some people.
   IOW, this is not to have the packages as deliverables in the archive,
 but rather a way to reach an intermediate step in the project -- which
 is easiest via the Debian archive.

--
Loïc Minier