[Soc-coordination] GSoC packages in NEW - fasttracking?

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at debian.org
Wed Jun 27 14:14:34 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 04:09:25PM +0200, Loïc Minier wrote:
>  To clarify why I'm requesting this: I can imagine testers are a
>  prerequisite to further progress on some aspects of the development; in
>  order to get as many testers as possible, it's best to have the
>  software readily installable from the Debian archive.  Sure, there are

Understood, but I fail to understand why students of GSoC should be
prioritized over other sub-project we have in Debian, that probably had,
have, or will have similar needs to what you describe.

>  other solutions such as handing the git repo, or an APT archive on
>  alioth, but it sounds like a time waste and might scare some people.

Now, on the proposal side, what about setting up a GSoC-wide APT
gettable repository?  I guess that would fulfill the need of many
students, maybe the Google guys are willing to do that on
code.google.com by themselves, after all other non Debian related
projects will probably benefit from that too.  Otherwise we can set up
summerofcode.debian.net or something ...

Cheers.