[Soc-coordination] GSoC packages in NEW - fasttracking?

Loïc Minier lool at dooz.org
Wed Jun 27 14:46:42 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> Understood, but I fail to understand why students of GSoC should be
> prioritized over other sub-project we have in Debian

 Well, because most of the GSoC project is constrained in time[1], in
 particular we want to be able to measure the quality of the result of
 the project at various points of time.  But I've got your point that
 other important projects in Debian are blocked on NEW too.

> Now, on the proposal side, what about setting up a GSoC-wide APT
> gettable repository?  I guess that would fulfill the need of many
> students, maybe the Google guys are willing to do that on
> code.google.com by themselves, after all other non Debian related
> projects will probably benefit from that too.  Otherwise we can set up
> summerofcode.debian.net or something ...

 Hmm, I thought we would simply use mentors.d.n in the mean time;
 I'm not too hot on coordinating a GSoC-wide effort, but one at the
 Debian level sounds sane.

 I imaginated simply using mentors.d.n for now which has a good
 infrastructure already; plus, some DDs have it in sources.list already.

[1] Of course, the projects are expected to continue after the end of
the GSoC.
--
Loïc Minier