[Soc-coordination] Mentoring Offer

Manoj Srivastava srivasta at acm.org
Fri Mar 21 00:48:45 UTC 2008

Hi,

        I have applied for a SoC 2008 mentor, and I have set up a
 proposal to create a framework that would allow Debian to farm  out
 Security policy modules to packages, while letting security experts
 still design policy (somewhat like translators help packages with
 translations).

        The goal is to reduce the burden of policy dissemination from
 one person; and as SELinux awareness grows, allow package maintainers
 to  step into the role of modifying policy, or at least get involved in
 the security policy for their package.

        We also need to tackle the issue of loading policy modules when
 the corresponding package is installed, and this proposal will help us
 solve that too.

        manoj
--
In West Union, Ohio, No married man can go flying without his spouse
along at any time, unless he has been married for more than 12 months.