[Soc-coordination] Website projects

Diego Escalante Urrelo diegoe at gnome.org
Thu Mar 12 03:35:09 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 10:27 -0700, Matt Kraai wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> There are a few areas of the website that involve a lot of repetitive
> work and tend to burn out volunteers:
>
>  * the list of consultants
>  * the list of CD vendors
>  * the list of merchandise vendors
>  * the list of pre-installed systems vendors
>
> Would the automation of some of these processes be a good Summer of
> Code project?

Perhaps a wider update to Debian's website could be more attractive for
SoC, maybe migrate it to Drupal or one of those big projects out there
nowadays. Although I say this with caution since I don't really know the
insides of Debian's web.
Would the web team find interesting a broader migration project? Of
course taking into account migrating the translations and providing
infra for translators to keep working on them.

greetings