[Soc-coordination] Saying hello to APT MultiArch under the debian umbrella

David Kalnischkies kalnischkies+debian at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 22:56:12 UTC 2010

Hi debian-gsoc :)

As the new "exchange" student coming from ubuntu- now to
debian-gsoc i guess it is appropriated to introduce myself
and my proposal here a bit - so stay tuned:

My name is David Kalnischkies - working under the nick
DonKult - i am 4th term computer science student at the technical
university of Darmstadt (Hesse, Germany, Europe, Earth) -
And i am a debian unstable user for ~ 2 years now so i am not
as much of an alien to debian as the "exchange" term might suggest.

My idea [1] was (and is still) working on our beloved APT to
implement MultiArch as specified in [0] and behind.

[0] You can read everything about MultiArch in general here:
http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2010/APT-MultiArch
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MultiarchSpec

[1] And you can find my takes on the topic here:
http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2010/APT-MultiArch/DavidKalnischkies
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GSoC/2010/DavidKalnischkies

If you are interested in more information about MultiArch,
me or how i want to acquire word domination (next time)
feel free to drop me a line (or two).

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

David Kalnischkies