[Soc-coordination] let's look for _new_ Debian contributors!

Lucas Nussbaum lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net
Mon Mar 15 19:18:29 UTC 2010

On 15/03/10 at 19:03 +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> Now, I'm happy with Obey stance which I interpret as "we will favor new
> blood anyhow, but we don't carve in stone the rule that DDs/DMs should
> not apply".  As an addition to that, I would just like to have this
> stance somewhere on our GSoC page, ideally even just linking Obey's
> post.

I'm personally not too happy about that, but I can live with that.
However, I would like it to be crystal clear that DDs can apply, but
will just not be prioritized.
What I really want to avoid is a misunderstanding where some DDs don't
apply because they think it is not OK, while some others apply anyway
and get selected.

I would suggest putting some emphasis on this in the next public
announcement about GSOC.
--
| lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas at nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |