[Soc-coordination] Suggestion for a translation task for Google Code-In

Andrei Popescu andreimpopescu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 08:21:19 UTC 2010

On Lu, 22 nov 10, 22:14:02, Obey Arthur Liu wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 9:42 PM, Lucian Adrian Grijincu

> > > Time: 2-3 weeks
> >
> > I think this is a bit too much.
> > Current tasks in GNOME are for 2-4 days.

I only looked at the other translation task (D-I) which is 2 weeks ;)

> The tasks on melange have different and more realistic time estimations.
> We're also of course flexible with splitting tasks into subtasks to be
> fair with students.
> Translating part of the Installer Manual could be a good idea. Maybe
> there are some chapters of it that are more important and could be
> useful on their own?
> Translators will chime in on that one.

Not really useful on their own, but I can suggest completing the files
started by Eddy Petrișor[1] for a small task of 2-3 days. Working on
partly translated files might also help to have a consistent
translation.

[1] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/po_stats/ro.txt

Regards,
Andrei