[Soc-coordination] Status of the Taverna/BOINC/Wrapper/GeneticCloning projects

Ana Guerrero ana at debian.org
Fri Apr 8 17:26:04 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 03:55:04PM +0200, Dominique Belhachemi wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Apr 2011, Ana Guerrero wrote:

> >I guess you have read in this list that project proposal is not
> >accepted and we have told the students this decision.
>
> You cannot do this. The interim period didn't even start yet.

Yes, we can. Every year proposed projects have been rejected at every
mentoring organization because they were not a good fit. This does not mean
necessarily they were bad projects.

> Please be constructive and ask questions in melange if the project
> is unclear to you.

This project was rejected and then you mailed wanting to help. I thought
the very least I could do was hearing (reading) your thoughts because
you could have good ideas about how to make better and also more
suitable as a Debian project.

The discussion does not make sense in Melange. This is a meta-discussion
about the original project ideas, not about the students proposals.

Ana