[Soc-coordination] Some questions and a possible proposal

Ángel Vivas gloryboy84 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 23:21:01 UTC 2011

Hi there,

I'm Angel and I live in a town near Cáceres, someone could probably remember
me from Debconf9 where I was a volunteer.
I'd like to participate in GSoC because I have a proposal. It's a personal
needing, and I think more people could be interested on that. I'm involved
on a lot of things, and I have some time and scheduling problems, so I have
to organize my time as efficiently as possible. I've been researching for a
way to do more things on less time, and I've read something about Getting
things Done[1]. Looking for a software on Debian for KDE users, I have read
about another proposal for kontact[2], but I don't use Kontact, Gnome users
have Gnome things done, and other people use that method with Remember The
milk and Thunderbird, but I think there is a gap here of a good app for
Debian users and I want to propose a new software for manage and schedule
time with Getting Things Done.

The problem for me, and here is where I think there could be some trouble is
that I finished my degree on last February -this course I'm student but I'm
not very sure what is currently my situation for GSoC- and I'm working on
the university, in the ToS I haven't read anything about that, but I want to
be sure.

Ángel.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getting_Things_Done
[2] http://developer.kde.org/summerofcode/gtd.html