[Soc-coordination] Google Code-In kick start

Bastian Blank waldi at debian.org
Fri Oct 28 13:48:29 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 09:02:31AM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> One thing I picked up which might be useful - it's fine for a task to
> be fairly generic, so you can create 100 "fix a difficult bug in the
> Debian BTS" tasks and another 100 "fix an easy bug in the BTS" bugs,
> and similarly for "moderate".  Then if the student picks a bug you can
> tell them if it is easy/moderate/hard and so which sort of task to
> claim.  You can obviously do this for a number of sorts of task, not
> just bugs.

If it is okay to do such generic tasks (my other participating project
does not), we can fill that rather easy.

> I felt last year that GCI didn't really work as well for Debian as
> GSoC did - the biggest problem seemed to be that students can only have
> one task claimed at a time, so they're eager to get completed tasks
> reviewed so they can move on to another task.

No. The student can claim another task after the last was submitted. At
least that is what I read on the GCI page.

Right now we need a task list. A page on wiki.d.o will be sufficient. We
can fill it with generic or specific task.

Second, someone need to fill the application. I can do that, but need
the link-name of a backup admin for the application.

Bastian

--
Sometimes a man will tell his bartender things he'll never tell his doctor.
		-- Dr. Phillip Boyce, "The Menagerie" ("The Cage"),