[Soc-coordination] project proposal: PPA support in dak

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at debian.org
Thu Mar 8 12:23:02 UTC 2012

I've been looking around for potential project proposals and talking
with the relevant people. Here is a first one, still very draft, on
which Joerg (Cc:-ed) is interested in helping out. I haven't dumped it
to the wiki (ENOTIME), but I hope mentioning it here could be a useful
contribution nonetheless. (I also hope Joerg will pick it up and
transform it into a proper proposal :-P)

Title: PPA integration in dak

 About one year ago we discussed the possibility of having something
 like Ubuntu's PPA (Personal Package Archive) for Debian. I've reported
 about that in [1]. The main target being Debian Developers willing to
 experiment on archive wide changes. ftp-master agreed with the idea and
 have a mode detailed design proposal, but the implementation on top of
 dak is lacking. The project will be about providing such an
 implementation.

 [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2011/06/msg00000.html

Contact / mentors: Joerg Jaspert and/or other ftp masters

Requirement: familiarity with dak (might make sense to ask a proof of
 concept patch to dak code before accepting wannabe students)

Cheers.