[Soc-coordination] Interested in the Clang project

Manish Gill gill.manish90 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 16:47:46 UTC 2012

Hi all! I've been lurking around in IRC for quite some time, and thought I
should formally introduce myself to the list. :)

My name is Manish Gill, and I'm a C++ programmer. I was introduced to the
clang project by a friend a few months ago, and have been playing around
with ever since. I've been trying to get familiar with the packaging
system, and I think I understand most of it now. Apart from that, I've
started looking into sbuild and how to use it to create chroots.

I've been studying the clang source code as well, while creating the
required patch. It's a little intimidating at first, starting working on
such a huge project, but I'm getting more confident by the day that I'll be
able to handle it well.

If you guys have any advice for me, I'd love to hear it. I'm been an
Ubuntu/Debian user for the past year, but am new to the development side of
things. So please tell me if I'm doing something stupid. :)

Regards,

Manish Gill

*(Naeblis* on IRC)