[Soc-coordination] Sponsoring DebConf for Summer of code students

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Fri May 25 05:26:07 UTC 2012

Quoting Ana Guerrero (ana at debian.org):

> - The students needs some hand-holding. No one of the admin orga are attending
> to DebConf this year (in some cases because the uncertainty of travel funding).

At least I can help about this if no other person more involved than
me in general GSOC orga is attending DC12 (and provided that some GSOC
students are in MGA). I'm following GSOC for quite some time now and,
even though I never involved myself a lot, I think I have a quite
rough but good idea about what needs and can be done about all this,
after witnessing Arthur's great work at last DebConfs.

And, well, organizing and animating people is at least something
that's in my own skills, as long as you don't need me to code in some
weird language ("weird" begins at shell programming for me..:-)).