[Soc-coordination] [Debconf-team] Sponsoring DebConf for Summer of code students

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Fri May 25 12:33:51 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 24. Mai 2012, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> Therefore I propose to make an exception for these students so that they
> can still register for sponsored food and accomodation until 3th June.
> What do others think?

I think thats fine, but we should handle it "silently", ie you tell the
students and we override penta for those gsoc students who will apply.

> One problem might be that most students don't have the money to fund
> their own travel to nicaragua. Should we ask the DPL to fund another
> DebConf newbies program for those from Debian money? This might be a bit
> problematic as we don't have much money for normal travel sponsorship at
> the moment at all.

I'd first like to see a current budget estimate based on the latest numbers of
attendes and 5 USD food price. In principal I'm fine with the idea...

cheers,
	Holger