[Soc-coordination] Google Code-in 2012-13

Vincent Cheng vincentc1208 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 07:36:32 UTC 2012

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 10:53 AM, Ana Guerrero <ana at debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Google Code-in will be run again this year:
>
> http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2012/09/google-code-in-contest-for-high-school.html
>
> It will run from November 26 to 14 January.
>
> Anyone interested in running it? We would need orga admins and mentors for
> the tasks.
> I personally cann't .
>
> Ana

Depending on what tasks Debian will be offering this year for GCI, I
would be willing to help as a mentor. (Note that I'm only a DM, not a
DD.)

As for the tasks themselves, I'd suggest working from last year's
(incomplete) draft [1], as well as one of Ubuntu's bug-fixing
initiatives [2]. We could also use some of the tasks from GCI 2010,
although I can't find a full list anywhere; closest thing I've found
that describes the tasks is one of Ana's blog posts [3].

Regards,
Vincent

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/GoogleCodeIn2011/Applying
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/BugFixingInitiative