[Soc-coordination] Google Code-in 2012-13

Ana Guerrero ana at debian.org
Thu Sep 27 20:17:13 UTC 2012

> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 10:53 AM, Ana Guerrero <ana at debian.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Google Code-in will be run again this year:
> >
> > http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2012/09/google-code-in-contest-for-high-school.html
> >
> > It will run from November 26 to 14 January.
> >
> > Anyone interested in running it? We would need orga admins and mentors for
> > the tasks.

More information about this:
- People wanting to help with this need to step up before the weekend
of the mentors summit. That's before October 18.
- If we don't reach the number of 5 person willing to mentor, it is
worthless trying to apply. Google is only accepting 10 organizations and
will rather accept organization putting more 'resources' in the program.

> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 12:36:32AM -0700, Vincent Cheng wrote:
> Depending on what tasks Debian will be offering this year for GCI, I
> would be willing to help as a mentor. (Note that I'm only a DM, not a
> DD.)

Thanks for the offer Vincent!