[Soc-coordination] Leiningen & Clojure Packaging Week 8

Eugenio Cano-Manuel Mendoza eugeniocanom at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 08:24:13 UTC 2013

Sorry, I was not done. Dangerous combination of TAB and ENTER.

*Done this week:*
* Packaged sjacket
* Packaged parsley
* Packaged clojure-complete
* Packaged clj-stacktrace
* Fixed hypirion-io and tools.cli
* Cleaned and incorporated maven-repo-helper on:
   ->quoin
   ->scout
   ->stencil
   ->com-hyperion-io
   ->regex
* Submited ITP for clojurehelper (pending from last week)
* Support maven-repo-helper on lein_makepkg (and added the --maven option
for this)
* Fixed bugs on lein_makepkg regarding exit codes, files being moved, files
being created.
* Fixed a very annoying bug where lein_build would not build correctly.
* Improved lein_builddocs.
* Made personal scripts to aid me with the packaging (for example run the
tests using the generated jars, git aliases, etc)
* Other minor fixes.

*Will do next week:*
* Write man pages for all the scripts in clojurehelper.
* Finish packaging sjacket and parsley (they only need a nice description
so I can submit the ITP)
* Package the rest of the dependencies so we can package leiningen 2 =).

*Problems encountered:*
* I had problems trying to use maven-repo-helper since it was new to me but
after a few emails and some documentation I managed to package everything
with it =). I also realized lein_makepkg was not doing a few tasks
properly, I only noticed now that I'm packaging but all those problems were
fixed.
* Writing descriptions seems to be a problem for me, although I'm getting
the hang of it I admit is quite difficult to explain in plain-english how
some libraries work. I also wish upstream wrote better descriptions.

I'll be speaking to my mentor shortly so we can set some more goals and
review the work.

Cheers!
Eugenio