[Soc-coordination] Weekly Status Report 8 - scan-build the archive

Léo Cavaillé leo+debian at cavaille.net
Sat Aug 10 07:11:16 UTC 2013

Hello,

To begin with : I normally re-use my last report in my Sent inbox as a
skeleton, I don't know if I fell asleep when pressing the "Send" button
or if MTAs screwed up, but my report doesn't seem to be posted on the
list, I will check logs.

So as a "bonus" here was my report 7 :
* Speed run to have a working version of debuild.me for executing
clang-analyzer only (which is the topic of my GSOC)
* Use HTML output for scan-build reports rather than plist
* Lower priority of integrating fire{hose,woes} for this week
* Merge several experimental branches into master
* Add support for several uploads of the same package, put links for
these different runs and different versions.

I was planning to :
* Get ready to deploy a debuild.me instance with a bunch of builders on
INRIA servers installed by Sylvestre
* Fix critical bugs

This week I did :
* a good cleanup on all modules, remove a lot of dead code due to the
migration from mongodb to postgres with sqlalchemy
* Install virtualization qemu-kvm system on INRIA servers
* Deploy the different modules of debuild.me on INRIA servers with Sylvestre
* Rewrite the installation documentation
* Simplify dependencies or installation stuff
* I got bored/annoyed because I needed to insert entries manually in the
database, so I created a CLI tool named paul (lulz) to add
users/machines and GPG keys via the XML-RPC interface.
I used texttable that is not Debian packaged :/
* Fixed bugs, especially in the job handling : when the job fails to
execute it is put again in the queue correctly
* Begin to add code for two new functionalities :
  * using an APT repo to store packages instead of manual rickety
storage, with this the users can just add the debuild.me mirror and
install easily the built packages on their system
  * add support for builds with different configuration/compilers

Next week I am at DebConf, but I plan to hack around and ask for people
advice/ideas too :
* add build power by creating new builders on INRIA servers (+ create a
script to automate the thing)
* think about those deployment scripts for debuild.me
* resume the Firehose work
* make a precise todolist for packaging the scripts
* how to make a test suite for such software (in different interacting
modules) ?

Links you may want to see :
* the current debuild.me instance we are working on (which is plugged on
the archive uploads with fred)
http://debuild.me.ecranbleu.org/
* the different repos I am using now (but I may merge them into
paultag's soon)
https://github.com/LeoCavaille/debuild.me
https://github.com/LeoCavaille/lucy
https://github.com/LeoCavaille/ethel