[Soc-coordination] GCC internal compiler error (was: Weekly report (8th week) - Debian GNU/Hurd Debianish initialization)

Thomas Schwinge thomas at codesourcery.com
Tue Aug 13 09:52:25 UTC 2013

Hi!

On Fri, 09 Aug 2013 21:52:16 +0200, 4winter at informatik.uni-hamburg.de wrote:
>   In file included from printf-parsewc.c:2:0:
>   printf-parsemb.c: In function ‘__parse_one_specwc’:
>   printf-parsemb.c:407:1: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
>   Please submit a full bug report,
>   with preprocessed source if appropriate.
>   See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.7/README.Bugs> for instructions.
>   The bug is not reproducible, so it is likely a hardware or OS problem.
>
> A similar error came up like five hours into my libc rebuild.

Should you ever find a way to reproduce this, please send me the
preprocessed source file (»-save-temps«), and any relevant GCC details
(as written in the README.Bugs file).

Is the input file a particularly big/complex one (also taking into
consideration any #include directives)?

> How nice
> of gcc to retry the build to figure out whether it is to blame or the
> environment

Huh, I didn't know it was doing that.  (Aha, a 2004 patch by Jakub
Jelinek that is applied to Debian GCC.)

Grüße,
 Thomas