[Soc-coordination] Report week 9, Redesign metapackage creation for Debian Blend

Emmanouil Kiagias e.kiagias at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 16:30:34 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

This week:

We chose sec-blend-control script to be the main script of the new
blends-dev. From now on the following cases are handled properly:

A) Packages that are not found inside the archive but look "suspicious" for
changed name (updated name/replaced by other package)
B) Missing packages containing numbers in their name (a newer version of
this package might be available)

If sec-blend-gen-control finds packages matching the above cases(which are
actually missing from the control file) it prints a warning message with
the possibly available packages, for example for debian-edu blend:

"mozilla-openoffice.org" has been replaced with "browser-plugin-libreoffice"
or
**Missing package sugar-emulator-0.88 has the following existing versions:
 sugar-emulator-0.96

Next week:

* Update blend-gen-control in order to regard versioned dependenciess(a
goal that I did not complete this week :-( )

I will discuss with my mentor how we should proceed from now on for the
next weeks. For sure we will start testing blends-dev in action(create
actual metapackages for blends) and implement any other idea that might
improve the existing code.

Kind regards

Emmanouil