[Soc-coordination] Weekly Report 10 The OpenJDK and Debian 8.19-8.24 by ShuxiongYe

Shuxiong Ye yeshuxiong at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 10:21:45 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Packaging openjdk8 seems to be too difficult for me, So we change to do
something else.

We stop working on the openjdk 8 packaging and start to work on using Java
static analyzer on the java code in the debian archive. To be more detail,
it will be to add a new worker with Java static analyzer for Leo's gsoc
work[1].

In this week, to be the first step, I package findbugs[2]. Findbugs is one
of Java static analyzer tools.
The packaging is going to be finished, but still has something to improve,
for making its man-documentation.

The next steps will be
1. finish the packaging(I'm sure it won't take long).
2. try to use findbugs to create workers to analyze java code.
3. pmd is another Java static analyzer tools. Packaging pmd may be another
choice.

[1] http://debile.ecranbleu.org/
[2] http://findbugs.sourceforge.net/