[Soc-coordination] Weekly Report 10 - OpenRC init system in Debian

heroxbd at gentoo.org heroxbd at gentoo.org
Sat Aug 24 13:08:40 UTC 2013

Hi Wang,

Bill Wang <freecnpro at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm very happy that send to you this week report. :-)

> Summary for i have done:

> -- Tried to get a solution that use /lib/lsb/init-functions replace
> modify /etc/init.d/* shebang.  Add file 30-openrc in
> /lib/lsb/init-functions.s/ call /sbin/runscript to execution the
> script service, rather than change original script.

Nice! Please make the corresponding updates to the git repo.

Don't forget to disable shebang replacing tricks in
debian/openrc.postinst

> Problem:

> -- Due to OpenRC's lockfd mechanism causing all services can not start
> use this method.  We can manually start a service, because of it does
> not use lockfd mechanism.  But we can not boot up, all services will
> be in exclusive state. I don't know what happend, it seems that this
> service is locked, when other child process needs to know the fd can
> not unlock it.

> -- Some scripts services have not call /lib/lsb/init-functions, but i
> think this is very easy to solve.
>
> Planning for next time:

> -- We must be resolved this issue about OpenRC's lockfd mechanism.
> Found that the problem lies and get a solution to resolve it, or
> disable this mechanism.

Please do that.

> -- If this issue was perfect resolve, we will submit the test package
> get more suggestion and criticism feedback.

I will leave you one week to finish the lockfd. At least disabling it
all. Let's submit the openrc package next Friday.

> -- Perhaps mentors have other requirements.

OpenRC-0.12 has been released[1]. Please update the git repo as well.

Cheers,
Benda

1. http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/openrc.git;a=tag;h=285e288d