[Soc-coordination] Status Report of MIPS N32/N64 Port, Week 9

Eleanor Chen chenyueg at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 17:54:56 UTC 2013

Hi,

In the tenth week of this GSoC project, I've find out why so many
packages are suffering DSO linking issues and get it worked around,
it's a binutils bug and downgrading it works. As for packages, I've
worked on gnutls26, openssl, and libssh2, which are the critical part
to break circular dependency of the crypto stack, and built out the
Berkeley DB, sqlite3, glib2.0 and p11-kit.

Debugging the linking issues forced me to learn more about linking and
did several experiments, and working on the crypto part costs a lot
time to find where is a good start.

The source packages are:
db
dpkg
file
glib2.0
gnutls26
libssh2
ibtasn1-3
libtasn1-6
nspr
openssl
p11-kit
sqlite3

Bugs I've reported (with patches):
#720654 openssl: add mipsn32/mips64 support and enable cross build
#720655 file: stage build support
#720713 sqlite3: support cross build

Generated packages are available at:
http://vip.moonux.org/~eleanor/gsoc2013/week9/

Thanks,
Eleanor

--
It is the time you have spent for your rose that makes your rose so important.