[Soc-coordination] Status report, week 10 - Enabling free multimedia real-time communications (RTC) with Debian

Catalin Usurelu catalin.usurelu5 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 23:46:05 UTC 2013

Hi,

What I've done this week:
- RabbitMQ didn't have any suitable C++ clients (it wasn't really async
and we also needed an abstraction layer over it).
- Investigate OpenMAMA (middleware agnostic messaging api) with an Avis
bridge.
- Read OpenMAMA documentation
- Try to build OpenMAMA and Avis. Had some problems at first, but I
finally managed to install the Avis packages made by Daniel and
currently have some strange issues with OpenMAMA
- Investigate possible applications of WebRTC for the Debian community
and currently available applications and libraries.

To do next week: basically continue with what I've been trying to do
last week.

Kind regards,
Catalin