[Soc-coordination] Status report, week 9 (and 10): FedMsg for Debian

Simon Chopin chopin.simon at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 16:13:12 UTC 2013

Hi,

Sorry to be late for my reports of the last 2 weeks :/
Also, I apologize if this mail is ill-formed, unfortunate
circumstances force me to
use GMail instead of my usual MUA.

The week 9 of my GSoC was at DebConf, where I haven't done much directly
related to FedMsg. The main highlight is that python-fedmsg is finally
available in
Debian unstable, many thanks to algernon, paultag and olasd. I've also
chatted with
many people about Fedmsg and the infrastructure in general, and
collected -- and hopefully
addressed some of the concerns people have about the project.

I'd especially like to thank Asheesh for doubling the size of my TODO
list in an hour or so :-).

(I might have forgotten some stuff I've done related to the project
during the week,
but I'm sure Nicolas will be happy to fill in the blanks)

The week 10 has been mainly about travelling back to Rennes. I had
planned to hitchhike
my way back, making a detour in Bordeaux. Initially, I should have been able
to get back to work on Wednesday, but since things never go as planned
I eventually
managed to arrive on Friday, to move into my new flat in Rennes on Saturday.

Because life would have been to easy, of course I still don't have
Internet over there,
which means that I wasn't able to push out my GPG backend, which is
finally done.

My plans for the next week are:
  * Help upstream get 0.7.0 out the doors, which means amongst other
things upstream the GPG backend.
  * Document the data schema used by the Debian endpoints and provide
an easy way to use
    those schemas to easily validate a message format.
  * Patch fedmsg-relay (or write another one) to be able to deal with
replay requests, either by storing itself the messages or proxying the
request back to the emitter (in case of a single one)